- About HOD
- Admission Procedure
Brief History of the Department
Department of Economics was established in the year 1987, along with the college establishment and running towards silver jubilee. Under the able guidance of senior faculty many of our students are working in Government and various private organizations, not only getting good percentage of marks we are proud to be possessing gold medal student(1989-1991). The department comprises of five experienced and well qualified faculty with research experience and even foreign university teaching experience who always motivates and encourage the students at every moment to reach their goals. Department is well furnished with the necessary furniture, OHP’S and a separate library to serve the students. Along with the regular subject, in order to compete with the growing competition we are conducting separate classes for the all round development of the students. With an intention to bring acquaintance with changes taking place within and in Foreign economies and to have a broad out look on day to day changes for the academic development as well as for the research orientation in the students and to get interact with well experienced resource persons department is organizing seminars and workshops
Till date, our Department of economics was conducted one pre-conference on “Disaster Management in India with a special reference to Andhra Pradesh” in collaboration with Andhra Pradesh Economic Association on 10th September 2006 and conducted a seminar on National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme in collaboration with DWAMA, Vizianagaram on 15th July 2009. The department had completed three Minor Research Projects. Department is encouraging students to take part in various activities like surveys, exhibitions and inter-collegiate competitions etc.
All the faculty members of the department were published 50 publications in National and International Journals. More than 80 papers presentations and participations in various National and International Seminars and Conferences. Our faculty participated various Socio - Economic surveys handed over by the Collector and Other Government Officials. Recently our students participated to Evaluation of Indira Kranti Padakam in Vizianagaram District.
||NAME: Dr. J. RAMA RAO|
Designation: Assoc. Professor & HOD
Qualification:M.A.,(Rural Development), M.A.,(Economics), M.Phil.,Ph.D.,
Experience in Teaching: 11 years
Contact No: 9490543816
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
|1||Micro Economic Analysis-I||1||Micro Economic Analysis-II|
|2||Macro Economic Analysis-I||2||Macro Economics Analysis-II|
|3||Quantitative Methods-I||3||Quantitative Methods-II|
|4||Public Economics-I||4||Public Economic-II|
|5||Indian Economic Policy-I||5||Indian Economic Policy-II|
|1||Economic Doctrines||1||Economic Growth & Development|
|2||International Trade||2||International Finance|
|3||Economics of Health & Education||3||Environmental Economics|
|4||Industrial Economics||4||Indian Industrial Economics|
|5||Labor Economics||5||Poverty & Income Distribution|
The students are selected through a Common entrance test conducted by Andhra University. Admissions in to various courses will be done by the directorate of admissions, Andhra University according to the reservation policy and rules and regulations of the government of Andhra Pradesh. The requirement for admission into all arts courses offered by Andhra University is a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in group subjects in the qualifying examination. For SC and ST candidates, a minimum aggregate of 45% marks in group subjects is sufficient. The requirement for arts and commerce courses is generally a pass in the appropriate qualifying examination. Admission to, the management quota seats only, will be made by the college. They are filled as per first cum first served basis.
|YEAR||No. of Students Appeared||No. of Students Passed||Grades|
|2009-2010||50||Waiting for results|
HIGHLIGHTS OF DEPARTMENT
- The Department is under 2F and 12 B sections of UGC under which the department got Rs. 2.50 Lakhs as a grant from University Grants Commission, New Delhi.
- There are 50 publications from department in various reputed journals. The major strength is a committed team of 5 faculties with positive attitude, strong backing of teaching with research.
- The department got permanent affiliation of Andhra University, Visakhapatnam in the year 1996.
- Mrs. P.Usha Padmini got the University, Gold Medial in the Department of Economics in the year 1989-90.
- Dr. N. Suryanarayana appointed as Assoc. Prof in Educational Institutions, 2 years 7 Months appointed by Minstry of Education, Ethiopia.
- Dr. M.Nageswara Rao appointed in Educational Institutions one year appointed by Department of Education, Male, and Republic of Maldives.
- Our department has conducted Andhra Pradesh Economic Association Ist Pre-conference on "Disaster Management in India with a special reference to Andhra Pradesh" on 10th September, 2006.
- All faculty members acted as Resource person in Rapid appraisal programme in the "Implementation of CMEY scheme" in Vizianagaram District from 31-1-2000 to 07-02-2000.
- Our department and Department of Economics, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam jointly organized one day seminar on "Dissemination seminar on the project report on National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme in vizianagaram District" (Sponsored by the planning department, Government of A.P) on 05th July, 2009 at Seminar Hall, M.R.P.G.College, Vizianagaram.
|NAME||:||Dr. J. RAMA RAO|
|Designation||:||Assoc. Professor & HOD||Qualification||:||M.A.,(Rural Development),M.A.,(Economics), M.Phil.,Ph.D.|
|Experience in Teaching||:||10 Years|
|Date of Joining||:||2006-07-01|
|e Mail ID||:||email@example.com|
|NAME||:||Dr. CH. RAMANA RAO|
|Designation||:||Sr. Asst. Professor||Qualification||:||M.A.,(Economics), M.Phil.,Ph.D.|
|Experience in Teaching||:||9 Years|
|Date of Joining||:||2008-01-23|
|e Mail ID||:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|NAME||:||Dr. D. SUJATHA|
|Designation||:||Sr. Asst. Professor||Qualification||:||M.A(Economics),Ph.D.|
|Experience in Teaching||:||8 Years|
|Date of Joining||:||2008-07-01|
|e Mail ID||:||email@example.com|
|NAME||:||Kotamsetti Siva Prasada Rao|
|Designation||:||Asst. Professor||Qualification||:||M.A, M.Ed., SLET|
|Experience in Teaching||:||* 5 Years experience as Lecturer in Economics at SLGD Colleg|
|Date of Joining||:||2016-08-18|
|e Mail ID||:||firstname.lastname@example.org|